We manufacture and supply five distinct types of Judo Mats which can be used for a wide variety of martial arts and sports, and they are all designed for commercial use.
They are typically used as dojo mats for all types of martial arts and combat sports, such as judo, jiu jitsu, brazilian jiu jitsu (bjj), aikido, mixed martial arts (mma), shorinji kempo, jeet kune do (jkd), kung fu, wing chun, karate, tae kwon do (tkd), wrestling, sambo, muay thai, kick boxing, krav maga, capoeira, tang soo do, arnis, escrima, kali, and many more, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_martial_arts
1) Club Judo Mats are very affordable and are perfect for everyday club use. They are ideal as dojo mats and have a leather pattern finish and a choice of bases.
2) Tatami Judo Mats have an authentic Tatami patterned finish. Our cellular based (IJF type) ones are similar to IJF approved ones, and although meet the requirements aren’t approved by the IJF as they aren’t as slip resistant, just as all other non approved ones that are available.
3) IJF Approved Tatami Judo Mats have a polyester reinforced top surface, a more slip resistant anti-slip base with a hot melt seal, IJF approved and can be used for all sanctioned national and international competitions at all levels for BJA, IJF and all other competitions.
4) Combat Judo Mats have a smooth pattern and low friction surface to reduce friction burns and are a very tough material – this category of Judo Mats are bought by users with very high commercial usage as well as tough environments such as riot training where metal batons, riot shields are used as well as heavy boots being worn. They are also very popular as wrestling mats, thanks to the low friction surface.
5) BJJ / MMA Judo Mats have a very smooth, very low friction surface to reduce friction burns even more than Combat Judo Mats. They also have the highest slip resistance of bases using the same as the IJF Approved mats. Their versatility makes them very popular dojo mats.
See our FAQ to help you choose which mat is best for your purposes – you might find that the Standard Club Judo Mats with a leather look surface (which is the cheapest) is ideal for you, so why pay more if it ticks all your boxes. Our FAQ will also explain why our mats are the best value, will give you more pleasure during use, less injuries and far outlast anyone else’s.
All our Judo Mats have reinforced bases and heat welded corners even with special made sizes, which makes them last far longer, as we manufacture to the size you want if you want the mats to fit a specific area. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any special requirements you have.
They are manufactured in accordance with BS EN 12503 parts 3-7 (2001) Sports Mats, Judo Mats, Safety Requirements, Shock Absorption, Base Friction, Top Friction, Static Stiffness. They are flame retardant and independently tested to BS 1892-3: 2003 “ HIGH HAZARD” Classification.
Each 2m x 1m x 40mm weighs 19kg, each 1m x 1m x 40mm mat weighs 9.5kg, except Olympic judo Mats that weigh 23kg & 11.5kg respectively.
Tatami Judo Mats£56.52 – £141.00
These Tatami Judo Mats all have the same tatami patterened top surface which is available in several colours.
They have 3 different types of anti-slip bases. See below for more details.
14lb/ft3 (230kg/m3) foam core designed to absorb very heavy landings as well as cushioning enough for novices.
They are all designed for commercial use at club or contest level.
The cellular base (IJF Type Contest Judo Mats) and the Hi-Grip base (Hi-Grip Contest Judo Mats) are preferred for competition use. The latex base is ideal for clubs on a budget.
BJJ MMA Judo Mats£72.00 – £193.44
BJJ MMA Judo Mats have a very smooth, very low friction surface, with great grip, which is ideal for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) and Mixed Martial Arts (MMA).
Now available in white too!!
IJF Approved Tatami Judo Mats£72.96 – £193.80
IJF Approved Judo Mats at 50mm thick can be used for IJF sanctioned international competitions as well as club use.
40mm thick is a popular size on wooden floors for club and competition use.
50mm and 60mm thick popular for use on concrete floors.
also available 30mm thick mats are for junior use or striking arts where there is little falling.
conform to European standard EN 12503-3
Flame retardancy BS 1892:2.10 : 1999 (revised)
Combat Judo Mats£63.60 – £159.00
Combat Judo Mats have a smooth pattern and a low friction surface to aid movement on the mat. The mat surface is made from extra heavy duty PVC with a polyester back. They can be used with bare feet, heavy footwear or weapons. They are also suitable for riot training and used by the police, armed forces and prison service.
Ideal for all martial arts, and self defence training under tough environments. Designed to take hard wear and tear from weapons, shoes, gloves, fitness equipment etc. Suitable for commercial environments where footwear, gloves and weapons are used. These mats are used by commercial martial arts centres and for police and armed forces training.
We recommend 2m x 1m mats as opposed to 1m x 1m mats for training and competition martial arts use, as double the weight improves their anti-slip properties, and they are cheaper per square m than 1m x 1m mats.
Club Judo Mats£53.16 – £144.48
Our Club Judo Mats are ideal for everyday club use. They have a leather patterned pvc durable top surface.
These are the same quality pvc as our Standard Tatami Judo Mats but are cheaper due to having a more commercially available pattern
1m x 1m mats are half the size and weight of 2m x 1m mats, making them ideal for use by smaller children and where transportation is an issue. For adults and larger children we recommend 2m x 1m mats, as the heavier weight of 2m x 1m mats helps to improve their anti-slip properties.
We have three types of Club Judo Mat available, each with a different base:
Deluxe Club Judo Mat – With a latex base giving good grip
Martial Arts Club Judo Mat – With an IJF type cellular base giving very good grip
Hi-Grip Club Judo Mat – With our highest grip base in this range giving excellent grip
Nage Komi Judo Crash Mat£226.80
The Nagi Komi Judo Crash Mat is ideal for learning new throwing techniques.
Two or more can be placed side by side to make a throwing area.